Terms & Conditions of Sale (ECO Heating, Paid For Boilers & Insulation)
Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about how we deal with each other when we carry out installation work in your home. If you have any questions, please let us know before you accept the installation booking.
- We will carry out the installation under the following terms and conditions. All contribution and prices include VAT at the current rate.
- The price we quote does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste materials, such as asbestos. You can call a specialist contractor to remove these dangerous materials or we may be able to arrange for them to be removed at an extra cost. When asbestos is removed you will need to produce a 'site clearance for reoccupation' certificate, which you can get from the asbestos removal company, before we can continue to work at your property.
- The price we quote includes removing all non-dangerous materials, including your old boiler or storage heaters and central heating parts we replace.
- Any time frames we give you are based on availabilities and scheduling. We will endeavour to do what we can to keep to given scheduled dates. Where the dates may change or a likely delay occurs. We will inform the relevant persons, as soon as possible and agree new scheduled dates. The time it takes us to complete the work has no effect on the price you was quoted.
- We may need you to lift carpets or take up all or some other floor coverings, including tongue-and-grooved floor coverings and parquet hardwood, rubber or tiled floors, so we can complete the work. We will give you as much notice as possible if we need you to do this. You can call a specialist contractor to do this work or we may be able to do it for you at an extra cost. If we do any of this work for you we will only be responsible for any unnecessary damage caused directly by our negligence and it will be your responsibility to put the flooring back once the work is completed.
- We will take care to carry out the work without causing damage to your property. Sometimes the work means we have to create access if there is not enough pipework or wiring in place to install the boiler, and this can cause damage to things like inside and outside finishing’s such as wall coverings and paint. You may need to redecorate, repair or restore certain areas once the work is completed – this is not included in the price we priced and you will be responsible for this.
- If you are a tenant, you will need your landlord's permission before you can allow us to start the work, and we may need you to give us evidence that you have got this permission. If we carry out work at the landlord's property and you have not got permission or have given us false or inaccurate information, you will compensate us for any losses we suffer because of your failure to get your landlord's permission.
- If your property is a listed building, it is your responsibility to make sure that you get any permission you need before we start the work. If you do not get the permission you need, you may be prosecuted in the criminal courts. We will not be able to start any work if you have not got the appropriate planning permission, this is your responsibility. If we carry out work at your property and you have given us false or inaccurate information, you will compensate us for any losses we suffer because of your failure to get the permission you needed, which may include court fines and penalties.
- You will need to have an adequate Gas, LPG, Oil and/or electricity supply to your property before we can start the work. We can put you in touch with a gas or electricity distribution company to arrange this if you need us to.
- Where we have connected new equipment to your existing system, we cannot accept responsibility for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system that later develop faults. This may include, but is not limited to, any existing pipework, fittings and radiators. For example, replacing a boiler or upgrading to a different system can create higher water pressure, which can result in an old heating system failing.
- Boilers only - As water supply rates can change, we cannot be responsible for your central-heating system failing to work properly because your water supply becomes inadequate or keeps changing.
- We cannot be responsible if we cannot meet our responsibilities because of things beyond our control including, for example, poor weather conditions, industrial disputes and strikes (that we are not directly involved in).
- To carry out the work as quickly as possible, we may use one of our approved installers. All installers that we use are fully qualified, registered and carry identity cards.
- Any contribution required towards funding is due to be paid in full upon survey. Boiler specified upon survey is subject to change based upon technical review prior to installation.
- If you cancel this contract after the fourteen-day period, we may have to keep some or all of your deposit to cover our reasonable costs. We will try to keep these costs to a minimum. If there is a significant delay in the installation after the fourteen-day period that was not caused by you, or was caused by events beyond our control, then you will have a right to cancel this contract and receive a full refund (within 14 days of the cancellation). If we have seriously broken our duties to you, as set out in this contract, you have a right to cancel and receive a full refund. If you have signed a credit agreement which relates to this agreement, your credit agreement will automatically be cancelled if this agreement is cancelled.
- We can cancel this agreement at any time by giving you written notice. If we cancel this agreement without good reason, we will pay you any reasonable costs you have to spend or losses you suffer as a direct result of our cancellation.
- If you apply for FREE funding through multiple different companies external to QERB Energy Ltd, we reserve the right to charge for any work completed which we are then unable to claim through the scheme funding due to an alternative company completing the installation on your behalf.
- If you book a survey or install appointment which does not proceed without good reason or you fail to cancel or reschedule the appointment within 72 hours of the agreed date, we reserve the right to charge penalty occurrences.
- Your Price, together with these terms and conditions, sets out the entire agreement between you and us. Nobody else will be able to benefit from this agreement. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- Using personal information;
we or our agents may use your information to do the following: Provide you with the services you have asked for (which may include loyalty and incentive schemes).
Offer you account, services and products from us and our partners. To help us make these offers we may use an automatic scoring system, which also uses information about you from other credit-reference agencies and other companies.
Help run, and contact you about improving the way we run, any accounts, services and products we provide or plan to provide.
Create statistics, test computer systems, analyse customer information, create profiles and create marketing opportunities. This includes using information about what you buy from us and how you pay for it, for example the amount of gas or electricity you use and any discounts we have offered you. Help to prevent and detect debt, fraud or loss. Help train our staff. Contact you in any way including by post, email, phone, text message or other forms of electronic communications (such as through your smart meters) or by visiting you about products and services we and our selected partners are offering. When we contact you, we may use any information we hold about you to do so. If we are contacting you to tell you about any offers, we will, as far as possible, do this in line with how you have told us you would prefer to receiving marketing information (your recorded marketing preferences). You can ask us not to send you any information on our offers at any time by contacting us and giving us your account details. We may use your information to help train our staff. We may also monitor and record any communications we have with you, including phone conversations and emails, to make sure that we are providing a good service and to make sure we are meeting our legal and regulatory responsibilities. We may pass your address, property and postcode, and details of your gas appliances, flue, hot-water cylinder, system controls and electrical installations (including details of any repairs or removals) to organisations that supervise these activities, including Gas Safe (which replaced CORGI) and the ECA (Electrical Contractors Association). These organisations may pass this information to local authorities to meet building regulations. They may also use this information to contact you to inspect appliances or systems, recall faulty products and carry out audits. They may also use this information for health and safety purposes. Where appropriate, we will give you or the property owner (or both) a certificate to show that your appliances meet building regulations. We may check your details with one or more credit-reference and fraud-prevention agencies to help us make decisions about your ability to make payments and the goods and services we can offer you. If you are providing information about other people on a joint application, you must make sure they agree that we can use their information to do this. If you give us false or inaccurate information and fraud is identified, we will pass your details to credit-reference and fraud-prevention agencies Law-enforcement agencies (such as the police and HM Revenue & Customs) may receive and use this information.
If you are unhappy with the service or installation provided please email through at email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond within 7 days. If the complaint is serious please contact our offices on 01752 546160. Where we cannot resolve a complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact 0333 241 3209 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/. ‘