North Devon Council covers some post code areas within EX16-19, EX31-29 and TA22-24. The main towns within this district are Barnstaple, Braunton, Ilfracombe and South Molton.
There is no current admin charge to approve an application for ECO funding.
Further support maybe available from Wessex Credit Resolutions.
ECO Grant Approval
The following criteria will allow North Devon Council to approve an applicant for an ECO grant. One of these must apply.
1. Aged 65 or over.
2. Have a child under 10 years old or pregnant.
3. Fuel Poor Households.
Household income is less than £30,000 after paying your mortgage/rent & fuel bills and the home’s EPC Rating is D or below . Where there is no EPC we can either produce one or assess the property against the following:
- Homes that require insulation.
- Homes that require a new ECO boiler.
- Private Rented homes.
- Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO).
- Non-Mains Gas heated homes.
- Flats above commercial properties.
- System built homes.
- Park Homes (regardless of income).
4. Low Income & Vulnerable to the cold.
Households who have health conditions sensitive to the cold/damp will be eligible. These are:
Respiratory (ie asthma, COPD), Cardiovascular disease (ie heart disease), Mental Health (ie Schizophrenia, bipolar), Dementia, Cancer, Limited Mobility, Autoimmune, & Immunodeficiency (ie lupus, MS, diabetes, HIV), Neurobiological (ie Fibromyalgia, ME), Substance misuers, Haemoglobinopathies (ie sickle sell, Thalassaemia). Terminal illness or have severe learning disabilities.
Or anyone else with a health condition made worse by the cold (subject to review against relevant guidance).
5. Recent immigrant, asylum seeker, refugee or moving in and out of homelessness.
Energy Saving products available
We are able to offer a wide range of energy saving products and services in Plymouth, supported by ECO grants (unless otherwise stated).
- Gas Boiler Replacement
- LPG Boiler Replacement
- Oil Boiler Replacement
- High Heat Retention Storage Heaters
- Heating controls
- Smart Heating controls
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Loft Insulation
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- External Wall Insulation
- Solar PV
- Solar iBoost (with Solar PV)
- Battery Storage (not ECO)
- EV Charge Points (OLEV Grant)
- Cavity Wall extraction (not ECO)
- Nest Protect, Cam & Hello (not ECO)
- Plus other standard Plumbing & heating services